Thursday, April 17, 2014

Alice


Alice in Wonderland.

I can't begin to explain how much I love this story. If it even hints of Alice, I watch it. Which led me to watch way more of the Once Upon a Time in Wonderland than I would have ever watched had it not been in Wonderland. Also, I loved her shoes... how could you not! 

I was in the play. I've read the book(s). I've watched almost every version of it.


And I have to admit, it is because I love the slightly off-kilter nature of the story. It almost reads like one of Wes Anderson's scripts at times. All jumbles. This writing style greatly displeased one of my classmates in my VicLit class in college. His presentation included a unicorn and a seething hatred of Alice in Wonderland. It was absolutely hysterical.

Anyhow, I adore the language and the story. It is a fun, sun-shiny read, and contrary to popular opinion, you do not have to be high to enjoy it immensely. I especially enjoy the Cheshire Cat.

The two posters came from a minimalist poster project that I was working on a while ago. I really ought to redo them. Actually,

Tune in next time for: Alice in Wonderland Minimalist posters of quality!


No comments:

Post a Comment